Paris Special: Wine Tasting Class with Sommelier
Learn how to taste and identify wine on a fun and informative wine tasting experience of French wines in Paris. You will take a virtual trip through the wine regions of France, sampling the goods in the company of an expert sommelier.
- Try different samples from different regions of France
- Learn the meaning of ‘terroir’ and ‘appelation’ from your fun and informative sommelier
- Take a tour of the wine regions of France and see what makes them different
- Discover how to read a wine label
Join the kind of class you weren’t offered at school and get advice on how to identify, select, and taste wine. Held in a lovely location in central Paris, you will go on a journey through the wine regions of France for the wine tasting tour de France option, and get a much better understanding and knowledge about wine in general. The venue is a few minutes walk from the Louvre, and you will taste different wines, from different regions of France. Discover the difference between the wine produce of Champagne and Bordeaux, of Sancerre and the Rhone.
With a unique and refreshing approach, your sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up your wine knowledge. He will teach you how Champagne is made and how to taste wine properly. He will take you through the main wine regions of France, the grapes they grow, and the style of wine they make. He will also teach you how to read a French label, and clarify concepts like ‘terroir’ and ‘appelation’. All the wine will be available for sale, plus many more other varietals, too. Just ask your sommelier. And if you want to stay on for dinner and keep on trying more wines, the O Chateau’s brand new wine bar is ready and waiting, with delicious food and 40 wines to try by the glass every day.
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide: English
- Ô Chateau entry ticket
- Live tour guide
68 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in the 1st arrondissement. Get off at the metro station Louvre-Rivoli (Line 1) or Etienne Marcel (Line 4). This point is a 6-minute walk away from the Louvre.