Paris: Tickets for the Panthéon
Explore the Panthéon in Paris, the temple dedicated to the memory of the men and women who have marked French history since the time of the French Revolution. Spend a fascinating hour on a self-guided tour and take in views of the city from the upper floors.
- See the canvas paintings depicting highlights in the life of Saint Genevieve, the birth of Christianity, and the French monarchy
- Enter the crypt and see the tombs of famous French personalities – including Voltaire, Victor Hugo, Émile Zola, Louis Braille, and Marie Curie
- See (an exact replica of) the original Foucault’s Pendulum, suspended from the dome
“I see dead people.” It’s a line you could definitely get away with here in this fancy neo-Classical church, which functions mainly as a burial place for French VIPs. Enter with priority access, check out the canvas paintings illustrating the birth of Christianity, and visit the crypt!
The Panthéon isn’t as iconic as the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe, but it’s a must-see in its own right. A neo-Classical church situated in the Latin Quarter and 5th arrondissement of Paris, from here, on the top of Montagne Sainte Geneviève, you’ll get a pigeon’s eye view over the whole city!
In early life, the Panthéon was an abbey, built in commemoration of Saint Genevieve (the patron saint of Paris). But in the late 18th century, the Revolutionary government switched it from a church to a mausoleum.
Inside there’s a painting series of the life of the saint, and the epic story of Christianity’s beginnings, as well as those of the French monarchy and a Foucault’s pendulum, demonstrating the Earth’s rotation.
Down below, the crypt is stocked full of tombs of famous French personalities, and info on their lives. Residents include Voltaire, Rousseau, Alexandre Dumas and Marie Curie.
- FREE cancellation included: Cancel for free until 23:59 on the day before your visit.
- Smartphone tickets accepted
- Instant ticket delivery
- Wheelchair accessible
- Skip-the-line ticket
- Access to the Pantheon
- Access to the upper floor (available onsite for €3.50)
- Audio guide (available onsite for an additional fee in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish and Korean)
Where to go
Entrance to the Panthéon, Place du Panthéon, 75005 Paris.
Know Before You Go
- Big bags and suitcases aren’t allowed inside and there are no lockers available.
- 24 & 31 December: 10:00 – 17:00, last admission 45 minutes before closing. The crypt closes at 17:30.
- Last admission: 45 minutes before closing.