Monet’s Garden at Giverny: Half-Day Trip from Paris
Go on a half-day excursion to beautiful Giverny and explore Claude Monet’s former home and breathtaking gardens. Admire his flowerbeds, waterlilies, plants, and weeping willows, and come away with Impressionist inspirations.
- Explore Monet’s beautiful gardens in Giverny
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the wheat fields and wooded plateaus of Normandy
- Stand in front of the famous water garden and admire the weeping willows and lilies
- Soak up the spectacular colors of the gardens
Enjoy a half-day trip to the former home of Claude Monet, one of the most famous painters of French Impressionism. Located in the tiny hamlet of Giverny on the banks of the River Seine, 50 miles west of Paris, the house and gardens were bequeathed to the Académie des Beaux-Arts by his son in 1966. They were opened as a public museum in 1980 following large-scale restoration work. Depending on the option you choose, your tour will either be guided, audio guided or at your own leisure.
Depart Paris and travel by comfortable air-conditioned coach. As there is no direct public transport to Giverny, this is the ideal way to get there. You will drive via the western districts of Paris and take the Normandy motorway as far as Bonnières. After crossing the River Seine at Vernon, continue to Giverny through the wooded plateaus of Eure.
Giverny attracted several Impressionist painters in the 19th-Century, most following the lead of the movement’s founder, Claude Monet, who lived there for 43 years. During the tour, you will visit the Master’s house, where the spectacular colors and enchanting garden were designed like a work of art. Be dazzled by the flowerbeds and plants and get a sense of the artist’s feelings and inspirations as you stand in front of the famous water lilies and weeping willows in the delightful water garden.
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide: English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Chinese
- Optional audio guide: English, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, French, German, Korean
- Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Guide (when option chosen)
- Audio Guide (when option chosen)
- Entrance ticket
Your guide will be holding a Paris City Vision sign
Not Suitable For