Palace of Versailles and Marie Antoinette Tour
Discover the stately rooms of the Palace of Versailles and its gardens on a guided tour. Then, visit Marie Antoinette’s private estate at the Trianon châteaux to learn more about her fascinating life.
- Skip the long lines to the Palace of Versailles
- Walk down the stunning central Hall of Mirrors
- Admire the King and Queen’s State Apartments
- Follow the footsteps of famous French monarchs
- Learn about the fascinating private life of Marie Antoinette
Walk in the footsteps of the “Sun King”, Louis XIV, on a guided tour of his opulent residence, the Palace of Versailles. You will also visit the château of Petit Trianon, located on the grounds of the Palace, which was once the private retreat of Marie Antoinette.
Skip the long lines with your priority access ticket and discover the opulence, beauty, and history of the Palace of Versailles on a guided tour. During the 90-minute tour of the main palace, see King and Queen’s State Apartments, the King’s Bedroom, and the emblematic Hall of Mirrors.
Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy throughout the centuries. Hear about the fascinating historical events that took place in many of the palace’s rooms. Then, step out into the lush gardens surrounding the palace. Enjoy a guided tour through the beautiful grounds and feel like a member of past royalty as you marvel at the gardens’ grandeur, bronze statues, and ornamental basins accompanied by rows of large trees.
Afterward, meet up with your guide and visit Marie Antoinette’s private estate of the Grand Trianon, Petit Trianon, and the Queen’s Hamlet. Explore the building which was designed for her to escape from her royal duties. Learn about her private life away from the pomp and ceremony of the Palace.
About This Tour
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 7 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide: English
- Palace of Versailles skip-the-line entry ticket
- Gardens of Versailles entry
- Palace of Versailles and Gardens guided tour
- Marie-Antoinette’s estate entry (Petit Trianon, Grand Trianon, Queen’s Hamlet)
- Marie-Antoinette’s estate guided tour
- Transfers from Paris
Check in at the GetYourGuide shop at 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 78000 Versailles, located across the street from the RER line C Versailles Château Rive Gauche train station. Take the ‘Avenue de Paris’ exit at the train station and find the office across the street next to the Café Madeleine.
Not Suitable For
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby strollers
- Food and drinks
- Luggage or large bags
- Selfie sticks
What to Bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Passport or ID card for children
Know Before You Go
- The train from Paris to Versailles takes about 1 hour
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- This tour includes a considerable amount of walking and is not suitable for those with walking difficulties
- Please note that baby strollers or baby backpack carriers are only allowed in the gardens. You can take a baby inside the palace with a baby carrier that has no metallic structure
- During peak times the palace can be very crowded and there may be a short wait at the group entrance
- The palace gardens are free on Wednesdays in April to June, and September to October, prices have been adjusted accordingly
- There are no musical or fountain shows on days when the gardens are free to enter
- The gardens close at 5:30 PM on October 30