Sainte-Chapelle Church Skip-the-Line Ticket
Take a self-guided tour and marvel at the more than 1,000 stained glass windows in this jewel of the Gothic period. Built in just 7 years, the Sainte Chapelle was intended to house significant Christian relics, including Christ’s Crown of Thorns.
- Take a self-guided tour at your own pace and in the language of your choice
- Skip the lines with your priority access to Sainte Chapelle
- Marvel at the grandeur of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
Take a self-guided tour and admire the Sainte Chapelle, a gem of Gothic style. This self-guided tour makes it possible for you to admire this unique monument and learn it’s fascinating history. Get a skip-the-line ticket and a booklet for a self-guided tour. Spend an hour admiring the spectacular stained-glass windows that contribute to make Sainte Chapelle the jewel of the French Gothic. Arranged across 15 windows, each 15-meters high, the stained glass panes depict 1,113 scenes from the Old Testament and New Testament, recounting the history of the world up to the arrival of the relics in Paris.
The Holy Chapel story is deeply linked to sacred relics and items such as the Crown of Thorns or the Image of Edessa that were kept there. Having these sacred relics in his possession made the already powerful monarch the head of western Christianity and allowed him to gain power and influence.
- Sainte-Chapelle entry ticket
- Live Guide
Sainte Chapelle entrance. 8 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris. A security perimeter is currently set up around the Île de la Cité from Monday to Friday due to a trial happening in the neighborhood. Access is only via Place Lépine (flower market square), where an initial check is carried out by the police. Visitors will be required to present their entrance tickets to the monument. Visitors to Ste Chapelle will have a dedicated line. The Cité metro station remains open. Then, visitors will be able to access the monuments through the usual address where a second check will be carried out before entering the monument. On weekends, public holidays and Christmas holidays, and on days without an audience (some Mondays), access to the monuments will be via the usual address.
Know Before You Go
- This is a self-guided tour. You will receive a booklet guiding you around the chapel, but there is no live guide or audio guide
- Entrance is free for under 18s and visitors who are under 26 with EU ID, subject to reserving a timeslot on the Sainte Chapelle website
- The ticket has no validity period, and can be used at any time
- The site is not wheelchair accessible
- Due to safety considerations, the maximum authorized size of bags is 40x40x20cm. Note that there is no luggage room to leave bags larger than this
- Free entrance for children under 18-years-old
- Free for youth under 26-years-old from European Union
About This Activity
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day: Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation