Paris Opera Garnier: Self-Guided Visit
Discover the famous Opera Garnier in Paris. Enjoy ample time to admire the largest opera hall in Europe and see where the ‘Phantom of the Opera’ came to life.
- Discover an architectural masterpiece in the heart of Paris
- Marvel at the ceiling painted by Chagall and the 7 ton chandelier in the auditorium
- Climb the double stairway of the Grand Escalier and marvel at the splendid paintings and sculptures
- Walk in the Grand Foyer and discover why Opera Garnier is considered as the most beautiful Opera in the world
Boasting an eclectic and ostentatious Baroque design, the Opera Garnier is one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Benefit from quick and easy access to this magnificent building in the center of Paris.
Inaugurated in 1875 and named after its exciting young architect, Charles Garnier, it is the largest opera house in Europe. You will set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze “Pythonisse” sculpture, before climbing the double stairway of the “Grand Escalier” (Main Staircase). Imagine the swish of crinolines as you admire the breathtaking décor and stroll through vast foyers, filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf flourishes. Everywhere you look will be a feast for the eyes.
You will receive your digital ticket directly after your booking, just show it at the Opera visit entrance to enjoy your visit.
- Admission to the public areas, including
- The Library-Museum of the Opera (Bibliotheque Nationale de France)
- La Rotonde des abonnées and the Pythia basin
- The grand staircase
- Le grand foyer and l’avant-foyer
- The moon and sun salons
- La rothonde du glacier and its tapestries
- Audio Guide (5 Euros)
What To Bring
- Passport or ID card
- Face mask or protective covering
- Baby strollers
No need to go to the cashier, present your voucher directly at the Palais Garnier entrance. Entrance at the corner of Scribe and Auber streets, 75009 Paris
Know Before You Go
- Please note that the Opera concert room can be closed for a temporary time due to technical or artistic reasons
- The Opera Garnier is open to visitors from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (last entry at 4:30 PM). Times of visit can be modified when there is a theater show in the afternoon; from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Please note that the visit is free of charge for children under 12 years of age
- Your ticket is valid 1 year after the purchase date
- Cloakrooms are closed. It is not allowed to enter with a pushchair, a scooter, or any kind of large luggage
- Admission to the public areas, including the Library-Museum of the Opera (Bibliotheque Nationale de France), La Rotonde des abonnées and the Pythia basin, the grand staircase, Le grand foyer and l’avant-foyer, the moon and sun salons, and La rothonde du glacier and its tapestries are included in the ticket price
- Audioguide (5 Euros) are available for purchase
About This Activity
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day: Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation