Normandy D-Day Beaches: Daytrip from Paris
Take a poignant day trip from Paris to visit Normandy and the WWII D-Day landing beaches Juno and Omaha. Enjoy a guided tour of the Caen Memorial Museum, visit the American Cemetery in Saint Laurent, and see other important sites as well.
- Tour the Caen Memorial Museum, dedicated to WWII and the D-Day landings
- Visit the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer
- Enjoy lunch at the Caen Memorial (if option selected)
- Stop at Arromanches or the Canadian Memorial at Juno Beach
- FREE cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Mobile ticketing: Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 14 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide: English
- Wheelchair accessible
On June 6, 1944, known as D-Day, the Allies opened a new European front against the troops of the Third Reich. It was the largest military operation in history, and marked the beginning of the Battle of Normandy that would lead to the end of WWII. More than 150,000 soldiers from America, Britain, Canada, and many other nations landed by sea and air on a number of beaches along the Normandy coastline and the steep cliffs at Pointe du Hoc.
Enjoy a full-day trip from Paris to the D-Day Beaches in Normandy in the company of a knowledgeable official guide, who will bring these historic sites to life.
Board the luxury air-conditioned coach in central Paris at 07:00 and get set to enjoy a unique day in Normandy. Relax and admire the beautiful landscapes of the French countryside. Your guided tour will include an opportunity to see everyday objects from life under occupation, maps, and models of military vehicles, as well as film screenings recreating the emotions of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy.
In the afternoon, the tour continues to several iconic landmarks that played a part in the landings. Your first stop will be at Pointe du Hoc, overlooking the hundred-foot-high cliffs between Utah and Omaha beaches. Stormed by the American Rangers on 6 June, it was one of the key German fortified sites along the Normandy coast and was extensively equipped, at that time, with heavy artillery.
Visit the well-known American Cemetery at Saint Laurent, located just above Omaha Beach and near the town of Colleville-sur-Mer. This 170-acre site has 9,387 white marble headstones, lined up perfectly across the grass, a memorial, a chapel, and the Garden of the Missing. It pays tribute to the American soldiers who died during the Battle of Normandy. A small trail leads down the hill to Omaha Beach, giving you the opportunity to walk across the sand. You will have an hour to explore this site.
The next stop is in Arromanches, a historic town known for its artificial port that was built to assist the Normandy landings. On D-Day, the harbor saw the unloading of almost 10,000 tons of equipment. You can still make out the floating reinforced concrete Phoenix constructions in the water.
Before returning to Paris, you’ll make a short stop near sandy Juno Beach and its cemetery, one of the key D-Day landing beaches for Canadian troops on June 6, 1944. You’ll arrive in Paris at around 21:00.
- Paris > 180 minutes >Mémorial de Caen (lunch)
- 50 minutes > Pointe du Hoc
- 20 minutes > Normandy American Cemetery and Omaha Beach (free time)
- 30 minutes > Arromanches and Juno Beach Memorial
- 3 hours > Paris
- Round-trip transportation from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Tour guide
- Free time for lunch with recommendations from your guide for places to eat (if option is selected)
- Visit to the American Cemetery in Saint Laurent
- Visit of the Pointe du Hoc
- Photo-stop at Omaha Beach
- Photo-stop at Arromanches or at Juno Beach
- Hotel transfers (unless option selected)
- Lunch (unless option for lunch is selected)
Meet at the tour supplier’s office, 2 rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris (unless option hotel transfer selected)
Know Before You Go
You will receive your confirmation and your tour voucher in 2 separate emails. Please print your tour voucher and redeem it at the PARISCityVISION office on the day of your departure.
- Luggage or large bags